Preschool Assistant Teacher
Job Description/Title: Assistant Teacher
Responsible for assisting Lead Teacher in developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in a group, in accordance with Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers.
- A willingness to carry out the mission of St. Thomas’ Episcopal Preschool.
- Responsible for abiding by all written policies of the school (Personnel Policy, School Procedures, Minimum Standards for Childcare Centers and Safeguarding God’s Children)
- Maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family to promote home-school connection.
- Responsible for keeping current and ongoing records of development and progress of each child.
- Responsible for keeping daily attendance reports
- Responsible for writing class weekly and monthly newsletters and calendars and daily reports.
- Design classroom environment that promotes curiosity, hands-on exploration, problem solving, and creativity and is a model for positive relationships.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum consistent with the policies and philosophies of the school.
- Responsible for the daily planning and execution of all classroom and outdoor activities,
- Inspect the school and church property, report to the school’s Director any necessary repairs, additions, or needed equipment.
- Develop and document weekly lesson plans to include activities differentiated for all students.
- Ensure a safe physical and emotional environment for students through positive framing, kind communication with students and adults, predictable and consistent routines.
- Responsible for participating in staff meetings and in-service training.
- Plan and execute parent meetings. Responsible for planning and executing.
- To work collaboratively with the Lead Teacher and Director in support of all students’ learning.
- Must have a minimum of a Child Development Credential (CDA) or two years college courses with 18 hours of education or related coursework.
- Minimum six months experience working with children.
- Must have First Aid/CPR training.
- Strong skill sets in grammar, literacy, mathematics, social studies, science and meeting the social and emotional needs of children.
- Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time, sit on the floor, stand up quickly, bend, squat, and lift up children in excess of 30 pounds.
- Strong communication abilities, including speaking and writing.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Upon hire, applicants must be able to pass background checks from TFPS.
- Must be Christian.
- Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with the children to ensure their health and safety.
Substitute Preschool Instructor
Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church is seeking a substitute for our Preschool Program, to lead classes of two-year-olds, three-year-olds and/or four-year-olds in the context of our curriculum.
Successful applicants will have
- A willingness to carry out the mission of Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church and School.
- The ability to integrate the curriculum.
- The ability to support and nurture the social and emotional growth of all the students in the class.
- The ability to establish effective relationships with students, parents, staff and community members, to enhance learning opportunities.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing and speaking effectively with students, families, and colleagues in of support of student learning.
- High school degree or GED
- Experience teaching young children