Preschool Assistant Teacher
Responsible for assisting Lead Teacher in developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in a group, in accordance with Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers.
A willingness to carry out the mission of St. Thomas’ Episcopal Preschool.
Responsible for abiding by all written policies of the school (Personnel Policy, School
Procedures, Minimum Standards for Childcare Centers and Safeguarding God’s Children)Maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family to promote home-school connection.
Responsible for keeping current and ongoing records of development and progress of each child.
Responsible for keeping daily attendance reports
Responsible for writing class weekly and monthly newsletters and calendars and daily reports.
Design classroom environment that promotes curiosity, hands-on exploration, problem solving, and creativity and is a model for positive relationships.
Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum consistent with the policies and philosophies of the school.
Responsible for the daily planning and execution of all classroom and outdoor activities,
Inspect the school and church property, report to the school’s Director any necessary repairs, additions, or needed equipment.
Develop and document weekly lesson plans to include activities differentiated for all students.
Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displacing all aspects of the curriculum.
Responsible for purchasing classroom supplies within the budgetary guidelines.
Ensure a safe physical and emotional environment for students through positive framing, kind communication with students and adults, predictable and consistent routines.
Responsible for participating in staff meetings and in-service training.
Plan and execute parent meetings. Responsible for planning and executing.
Responsible for planning and executing two formal parent conferences during the school year.
To work collaboratively with the Lead Teacher and Director in support of all students’ learning.
- Must have a minimum of a Child Development Credential (CDA) or two years college courses with 18 hours of education or related coursework.
- Minimum six months experience working with children.
- Must have First Aid/CPR training.
- Strong skill sets in grammar, literacy, mathematics, social studies, science and meeting the social and emotional needs of children.
- Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time, sit on the floor, stand up quickly, bend, squat, and lift up children in excess of 30 pounds.
- Strong communication abilities, including speaking and writing.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Upon hire, applicants must be able to pass background checks from TFPS.
- Must be Christian.
- Be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Be able to walk, squat/kneel, sit on floor, see, hear, speak with the children to ensure their health and safety.
Substitute Preschool Instructor
Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church and School is seeking a substitute for our Preschool Program, to lead classes of two-year-olds, three-year-olds and/or four-year-olds in the context of our curriculum.
Successful applicants will have
- A willingness to carry out the mission of Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church and School.
- The ability to integrate the curriculum.
- The ability to support and nurture the social and emotional growth of all the students in the class.
- The ability to establish effective relationships with students, parents, staff and community members, to enhance learning opportunities.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing and speaking effectively with students, families and colleagues in of support of student learning.
- High school degree or GED
- Experience teaching young children